Mixed Vegetable Pulao (Easy One Pot Recipe) is a quick and easy-to-make spicy dish, rice is cooked with various vegetables and spices to make it. In this recipe, rice and vegetables are first fried in oil and ghee with spices and then cooked in a pressure cooker like plain rice is cooked. However, the specialty of this recipe is that it is cooked with spices like bay leaves, cinnamon and cloves which give a wonderful aroma.
Mixed Vegetable Pulao (Easy One Pot Recipe)
Pressure Cooking Time 3 minutes
- 7 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sticks ( 2½ cms each) cinnamon
- 4 brown cardamoms
- 5 cloves
- 3 medium carrots peeled and cut into. 2½ cm. long strips
- 100 gms french beans cut diagonally into 2½ cm. long strips
- 1 cup peas shelled or frozen
- 3 cups Basmati rice washed and drained
- salt to taste approx 4 tbsp
- 3½ cups water
- Heat oil in cooker for about 2 minutes. Add cumin seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamoms and cloves. Stir for a few seconds. Add carrots, beans and peas. Stir and fry for about 2 minutes. Add rice. Fry till rice turns opaque (approximately 3 minutes). Add salt and water. Stir once.
- Close cooker. Bring to full pressure on high heat. Reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove cooker from heat. Allow to cool naturally for 5 minutes. Release pressure with slight lifting of vent weight.
- Open cooker. Serve hot.