Don’t go packaged bottles of this super drink which are over loaded with sugar and no health benefits. Here is a Ginger Ale Recipe for you.
Homemade fermented sodas, such as Fermented Ginger Ale, are easy to make and offer a probiotic-rich alternative to the sodas sold at the grocery store. Plus, since they are rich in probiotics, homemade sodas support good gut health, which is part of supporting overall good health.
Ginger Ale Recipe
• 8 cups filtered water
• 1-2″ PC of ginger root, minced
1/2tbsp coconut sugar
• 1/2 tsp sea salt/himalayan salt
• 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
•Add minced ginger root, coconut sugar & salt in 3 cups of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
• Simmer the mixture for around 5 min for the sugar to dissolve. Slowly, the mixture will start to smell like ginger.
• Remove from heat, cool down the mixture and add remaining water to it. Mix fresh lemon juice to it and transfer the mixture in air tight glass jar with lid. Leave for 2-3 (depends on weather) days for carbonation.
• Once ready, keep it in refrigerator.