Flaxseed laddus are a rustic, tasty, and traditional cuisine with a terrific taste of peanuts and jaggery, while flaxseeds contribute a great texture and omega3 fatty acids, as well as a variety of critical vitamins and minerals. Make them and eat them with your tea or as a healthy approach to satisfy your hunger cravings! Here is a Flax seeds Laddu Recipe
Flax seeds Laddu Recipe
- 1 cup or 200 grams flax seeds
- 1/2 cup 100 grams peanuts
- 1/3 cup or 50 grams sesame seeds/til
- 3/4 cup or 175 grams jaggery
- 1/4 cup or 50 grams cane sugar/regular sugar
- 1/4 cup ghee/clarified butter
- 3 cardamoms
- dry roast flax seeds, peanuts and sesame seeds separately.
- leave them until they cool down.
- peel off the skins from peanuts and keep aside.
- grind all the above one by one separately and take them into a bowl.
- do not grind the peanuts and sesame seeds for a longer time.otherwise, the oil may ooze out.
Preparing the Mixture
- heat a pan, add grated jaggery and cook on low flame until it melts.
- when jaggery starts to melt, add cane sugar/normal sugar and mix well.
- let them both melt.
- when they start to melt, add the flax seeds, peanuts&sesame seeds powder, cardamom powder, ghee/clarified butter and mix well.
- turn off the flame and let it cool down for few minutes.but don’t let it cool down completely.
- grease your palms with a little ghee, take a lemon sized mixture and bind laddus.
- you need to press hard while binding.
- keep them in a clean&dry airtight container.