On the demand of my little champ I tried many donut recipes. This one came out to the best of all. You guys also try this Donut Recipe | Chocolate Donut Recipe | Glazed Donut Recipe
Donut Recipe | Chocolate Donut Recipe | Glazed Donut Recipe
- Maida / refine flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Yougart – 3 tbsp
- Powder sugar – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Warm milk – 3-4 tbsp
- Take a bowl ,add maida ,baking powder, baking soda, sugar, butter, yogurt and combine all. Now add warm milk gradually and knead a smooth dough, cover it and keep aside for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour knead the dough again, roll the dough like a thick roti and cut round shape with cookie cutter or donut cutter or a sharp edge glass. Then make a small hole in the centre of it with the help of small cookie cutter or any small bottle lid. Again cover it and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat kadai with enough oil for deep frying. Add the donuts in the hot oil carefully, fry it until it turns light brown on low – medium flame.
- Take out from the kadai and place it on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar , chocolate sauce or any topping of your choice.
- Or glaze it with a sugar glaze.
For sugar glaze:
Heat a bowl, take 2 cups sugar, 1 cup water, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence. Stir until it turns into a thick sauce.
Take a bowl, sieve 1 cup powdered sugar and 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder. Now add milk gradually and stir until a thick paste is formed. Now add vanilla essence and mix it well.
Dip your donuts into your desirable glaze and enjoy it.