We make everything healthy on Meghna’s Food Magic.. that includes Methi Mutter Malai too. Enjoy.
Methi Matar Malai (without malai)
- 2 tsp ghee
- A bunch of methi
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- A small piece of cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom (elaichi)
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- A small piece of finely chopped ginger
- 2 small sized chopped tomatoes
- 1 big sized chopped onion
- 1 green chilli/as per taste
- 8-10 chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp + a pinch of garam masala
- 2 cup green peas
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp milk powder
Method Methi Matar Malai (without malai)
- Heat up the pan, add 1/2 tsp ghee
- Add a bunch of methi (rinsed and finely chopped), saute and transfer it to the other bowl.
- Now Add 1 tsp ghee in the same pan, 2-3 bay leaves (tej patta), 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera), a small piece of cinnamon stick (dalchini), 2 cardamom (elaichi), 4 chopped garlic clove, a small piece of finely chopped ginger, 2 small size chopped tomatoes, 1 big size chopped onion, 1 green chilli/as per taste and 8-10 chopped cashews and mix it
- Add a spoonful of water to avoid burning and turn off the stove when the vegetables are cooked
- Rest it to cool down and then transfer the mixture in mixer jar (remove bay leaves & cinnamon stick) and make a fine paste.
- Further heat up the same pan, add 1/2 tsp ghee
- Then Add 1/2 tsp garam masala, 2 cup green peas (blanched – boil water, keep green piece in it for 5 mins and then remove), salt as per taste and paste and mix it
- Add methi and add 1/4 cup water in it (if the gravy is thick)
- Keep the stove on slow flame, add milk in the mixture and mix it well (take a small bowl, add 2 tbs milk powder and add 1/4 cup water in it, mix it well to make it thicker).
- Add a pinch of garam masala, mix it and turn off the stove quickly.
- Take it on a serving plate and here’s your Mouth Watering, Scrumptious Methi Matar Malai ready!!!