Masala papad is a crispy papad topped with spiced and tangy topping. It is a starter that is served in many Punjabi houses and restaurants. Here is easy and simple Jain Masala Papad | Quick Masala Papad Recipe
Masala Papad is an easy to prepare tasty starter snack of crisp fried papads topped with a masala filling of onions, tomatoes and spices.
Jain Masala Papad | Quick Masala Papad Recipe
Quick Masala Papad Recipe
- 2 large urad dal papads
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped or ½ cup finely chopped onion)
- 1 medium tomato (finely chopped or ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander/dhania
- 1 tsp lime or lemon juice or add as requried
- 1/2 cup fine sev
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- salt as required
- enough oil for shallow frying papads
- Take the papad. optionally if you do not have large one, use smaller one.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a pan and fry the papad into the hot oil. But I prefer roasted one. You can roast in on a tava.
- Take a bowl add finely chopped onion, tomato, chilli powder and salt. Mix it well
- squeeze the lemon as per your requirement.
- Now the topping is ready
- Place a fried or roasted papad on the plate and spread the topping on it.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
- Add nylon or fine sev on top of the papad
- Serve masala papad immediately or else it turn soggy.
- You can also serve it with green chutney.
Jain masala papad
For making Jain masala papad replace onion with cucumber. You can even add some boiled chana ( totally optional).
For serving in this shape. Roast the papad and when it is hot fold it. Once it cools down it will remain intact. Put the topping in it and serve.
You can add or subtract any vegetable according to your taste. Even capsicum, whole corns and boiled potatoes tastes equally good. There is no set portion for the ingredients. You can alter any ingredients according to your taste.