How To Make Black Bean And Corn Salad Recipe…….
Black bean and corn salsa is one of my favorite appetizers/snacks and it’s always a crowd favorite! It has such a deliciously fresh and vibrant flavor with just a perfect blend of ingredients. It is the perfect refreshing dip or topping.
– How to cook black beans? Wash under running cold water, then soak in water for 8 hours or overnight. Discard the soaking water. Take soaked beans and freshwater (1-2 inches above the beans) in the instant pot. Cook on manual for 7 minutes. If not soaked, then cook for 25 minutes. Drain the cooking water and use the boiled black beans in the recipe.
Sweet corn: You can use a 15oz can of corn kernels. But again I would prefer to use fresh ones when in season. Or you can use frozen corn kernels.
– How to cook corn?
Instant pot: Add 1 ½ inch of water to the liner. Put the rack inside and place corn cobs on the rack and cook on manual for 2 minutes. Once cool to touch, remove the kernels.
Microwave: Place corn cobs in the microwave and cook on high power for 3-4 minutes.
IF YOU ARE USING CANNED BLACK BEANS AND CORN THEN YOU CAN PREPARE THE SALAD IN 15 MINUTES.
How To Make Black Bean And Corn Salad Recipe
- 1.5-2 cups black beans (canned or cooked from dried)
- 2 cups corn (canned or thawed/steamed from frozen)
- 2 large tomatoes (2 cups diced)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 TBSP fresh lime juice plus extra to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prep your veggies, draining and rinsing beans/corn as needed. In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, diced red onion, chopped green onion, and chopped cilantro.
- Top with fresh-squeezed lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- For maximum flavor, cover and chill overnight in the refrigerator. (Helloooo meal prep!) If needed, dip may be enjoyed right away or chilled for however much time available.
- Season to taste as needed, adding extras of any of your favorites. You can even add some fresh chopped avocado, bell peppers, white onion, or jalapeño to the mix. I love adding spicy jalapeños, extra lime juice, and extra cilantro – delicious!
- Serve with crunchy tortilla chips as a tasty dip or serve on top of your favorite protein, tacos, salads, burrito bowls, etc… It’s fantastic every which way!