Benefits of moong sprouted: Consume sprouted moong daily in the morning and evening, many diseases will be protected.
Moong dal is found in every Indian kitchen. Often people make moong dal khichdi. When your stomach is upset, doctors mostly advise you to eat moong dal khichdi. Moong dal is a very light food which takes very less time to digest. Also, it is very beneficial for your health. But have you ever sprouted moong dal and eaten it? By consuming sprouted moong, your body gets double its benefits. It improves your digestive system and gives you relief from constipation or many other stomach related problems. Sprouted moong is a great source of protein. Along with this, it is also helpful in controlling your blood sugar. So let us tell you the benefits of eating sprouted moong today-
Nutrients found in sprouted moong
Moong dal is full of nutrients. Apart from this, when it sprouts, the number of essential elements like calcium, iron, protein, carbohydrate and vitamins in it doubles.
Beneficial for diabetic patients
Glucose is found in very less amount in sprouted moong dal. Due to which diabetic patients can consume it very easily. Some such properties are also found in sprouted lentils, which helps in increasing the immunity of your body.
Benefits of consuming sprouted moong
It contains soluble fiber which is very beneficial in reducing your weight.
It is rich in good amount of iron, due to which your skin remains healthy.
By eating this, your body gets a lot of fiber, due to which you get rid of the problem of constipation.
Regular consumption of sprouted moong helps in making your immunity strong.
Consumption of moond dal sprouts proves to be helpful in calming the heat of your stomach.
At what time to consume sprouted moong
You should eat sprouted moong in the morning or evening breakfast. This gives you more benefits.
Sprouted moong salad
- 2 cups of sprouted moong beans
- 1 small or medium sized onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder or ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium size tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli – finely chopped, optional
- ½ or 1 teaspoon chaat masala (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or as required
- 1 boiled potato or boiled sweet potato – optional – finely chopped
- few coriander leaves for garnishing
- lemon slices for garnishing
- rock salt (edible and food grade) or black salt, as required
Boiling Moong Sprouts
- First you have to sprout the moong beans
- Once the moong sprouts are ready, rinse them in water.
- Then either steam it or boil them till the sprouts are completely cooked.
- You can even keep it half cooked if you want a crunchy taste.
- Then strain the cooked sprouts.
Making Moong Sprouts Salad
- Take 2 cups of steamed or boiled moong sprouts in a big bowl or vessel.
- Add 1 small sized finely chopped onion and 1 medium sized finely chopped tomato.
- Next add 1 finely chopped green chili (hari mirch). Also add 1 boiled potato (optional).
- Then add ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (or cayenne pepper) and ½ or 1 teaspoon chaat masala (optional). stir very well.
- Lastly, season with salt and pour 1 teaspoon lemon juice or as required. Mix well.
- Garnish the salad with coriander leaves and lemon slices..
- Serve sprouts salad immediately.