Rice water has featured in so many pro-tip guides for hair health since a very long time. The trend was started in Japan where women would wash their floor-length hair in rice water to make it grow more and keep it healthy. Similar patterns of hair care were also observed in China where women would use rice water for hair growth and to avoid greying of hair.
Fermented rice water is considered to be the best remedy for all types of hair and their diverse range of hair problems. It is found to have a lot of benefits and is used in a lot of beauty products because it has an endless list of benefits. Here are a few of them.
Benefits of Rice Water
- Promotes hair growth
- Increases shine
- Nourishes the scalp
- Protects hair from damag
- Improves hair elasticity
- Smoothens the cuticles and reduces the surface friction which helps the strands of the hair not to tangle
RICE WATER FOR HAIR GROWTH
• 1/4 cup of clean raw rice
• 1/4 cup of water
• 3 drops of essential oils
• Place clean rice and water in a container
• Swirl it using a spoon in a round motion.
• Leave it to sit for 30 minutes in room temperature, the longer the better so that all nutrients are obtained from the rice.
• Strain the rice water and add 3 drops of essential oil • Use the rice water to rinse your hair
How to use:
- Wash hair with shampoo and rinse
- Spray or rinse hair with rice water and massage into scalp
- As a mask: leave on for 20 min
- Or you can spray it on in the shower and leave it on all day or night
How often should you use rice water for hair?
Products containing rice water extracts can be used every day, but if you attempt to make your own rice water treatment or rinse, don’t use it every day — stick to once a week.