It is really important to understand What to do before, while and after eating meals daily. Read and apply these simple methods in your daily life.
- Switch off your phones, and computer.
- Wash your hands( use a soap).
- On a nice and clean plate serve yourself half of what you usually eat,
- Preferably adopt the crosslegged posture for sit at your usual dining place.
- Drink water before you eat
- Start eating( with your hands) and eat slowly
- Chew your food slowly and deliberately.
- Don’t just chew from one side of your jaw use your entire jaw.
- Don’t pick up the food from your plate while you still have food in your mouth. You tend to overeat and eat fast by keeping food ready in your hands or on your spoon.
- Eat with all your senses and think about how the food is nourishing you from within.
- Now if you want to eat some more serve yourself a second helping from the other half that’s left. But don’t eat it at all.
- Drinking water during and after a meal can dilute the enzymes and make it more difficult for your body to absorb all the nutrients from your food,
- Don’t be nervous to get up and get going. Stay where you are for a few minutes.
- If you are clearing up yourself, pick up your plate and clean it with water before leaving it in the sink.( food that dries up on the plate will sometime stay on the plate even after washing and cause stomach discomfort at a later point).
- Vigorous exercise right after eating isn’t a great idea, but a walk is fine (after a brief rest), and will assist with digestion, especially after a big meal.