What is momos and where were they discovered
Let us know what is Momos, and how to make Veg Momos at home with step by step photos. Have you ever wondered when and from where did you eat this maida bundle with Schezwan Sauce ? So let us now tell you the method of making momos and what is the history of momos .
Some people are a little confused about where momos originated, but most of the theories show that momos were first made in China, about 1800 years ago, slowly momos were brought from Newari traders to Nepal where it was called momos. It is said that momos are also very popular in Tibet and Arunachal Pradesh , momos are an important part of the food of Monpa and Sherdukpen tribes of Arunachal Pradesh. Momos is also a main food in Nepal and gradually it spread to every corner of India via North East and its filling has been changed according to the place, in China it includes beef and pork.The filling has been done and there it is called Dimsim. In Arunachal Pradesh it is made from mustard leaves and other vegetables. By the way, now chocolate momos are also becoming quite popular. So this was the history of momos.
Veg Momos Recipe | Easy Veg Momos Recipe
Let us now know below how to make Momos
- Preparation Time: 1 Hour
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- Serving: 2 people (8-10 momos)
- Maida – 1 cup or 150 gm
- Carrot – 1 medium (grated)
- Cabbage – 1 small (grated)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- Spring onion – 1 (chopped)
- Garlic – 8 to 10
- Green Chilli – 2 (chopped)
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp or as per taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
Method of making momos:
1. To make momos, we will put all purpose flour, half a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of oil in a bowl and mix them dry like this.
2. Now after mixing them dry, we will knead it with the help of water, keep in mind that by taking little water in the palm, knead it and knead it exactly like a dough, after that keep the dough covered for 20 minutes.
3. Let us now prepare the stuffing of momos, for this we have to take a pan and now pour 2 tablespoons of oil in it, now as soon as the oil is slightly heated, chopped garlic cloves, finely chopped Now we will fry them and as soon as it is roasted, now we will add chopped onions to it and fry the onion on low flame till it becomes light pink.
4. Now we will forget to put all the vegetables in it, we do not have to cook these vegetables much, we have to sleep a little so that its water dries up, we have put carrots and cabbage in it, if you want, add more vegetables to it. can.
5. And now we will put spring onions on top, then we will add half a teaspoon of salt because we have also added salt while kneading the dough and mix it with half a teaspoon of black pepper, by doing this the test of the stuffing will be good.
6. In 20 minutes our dough is ready, now we will knead the dough again by applying a little oil in the palm until our dough becomes soft, then divide your dough into two parts, cover the first part with a cloth so that our flour does not dry out
7. Now make small pieces of dough by making the other part of the dough and now give small pieces of dough one by one with the help of your palm in a round shape, just like a small ball.
8. So now we will roll them, if the dough is sticking, you roll it by applying flour on it, and about two and a half to three inches of the dough, we do not have to roll the dough too thick and when we have to roll it, it is thicker than the middle. Keep it and keep it thin from the edges, if you roll it thicker then the taste of flour will be more in it .
9. Now we have to put water on the edges of the rolled dough and put a spoonful of stuffing inside it, which we made from vegetables.
10. You can prepare momos by giving them the shape of a gunjia as we have shown you in the photo above.
11. Now to give steam to momos, turn on the gas and take about 1 liter of water in a vessel.
12. And take a sieve and apply edible oil on it because when we steam the momos, the momos don’t stick to the sieve.
13. Now keep your momos at a little distance over the sieve, cover the sieve with the help of a utensil and let the momos cook on high flame for 15 minutes.
14. Now after 15 minutes you will see your momos will be ready and shining well. Now you can eat them with schezwan chutney and mayonnaise.
Keep in mind
If you want to eat momos later, then you can cook them 90 percent and store them and then steam them and serve them.