We want different items in our breakfast and that too non fried. Things made out of suji/rava are best for the breakfast as are light and nutritive. Forget making sandwich out of bread here is suji slice/sandwich recipe for you all.
My love to have sandwich but being Jain is has left Bread. I was finding a alternative for bread to make sandwich. One day I was making idli suddenly a thought came to my mind what if I put this batter loaded with vegetables in sandwich maker. Like idli I added veggies and eno in the batter and put it in the sandwich maker. To my surprise it turned out delicious.
I could never think of making a sandwich out of suji . Even my kids and family loved it. Today I can say Sandwich can be made without bread.
Suji slice/sandwich recipe
Ingredients Suji slice/sandwich recipe
- 2 cup suji /rava
- 1 cup curd
- 1 small capsicum finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- ¼ cup peas
- 2 green chillies
- 8 – 10 curry leaves
- ½ tsp eno
- Salt to taste
- Oil for greasing
- Few mustard seeds
Directions for Suji slice/sandwich recipe
- Take a bowl mix suji and curd in it .you can add little water if needed
- Keep it aside for ½ an hour meanwhile finely chop carrot, onion capsicum, green chilli and curry leaves.
- Put all the chopped vegetables and curry leaves along with peas in the prepared suji batter. Mix it well.
- Add eno in the batter and mix well
- Take a sandwich maker and heat it
- grease it with oil and sprinkle mustard seed
- Put a small quantity of batter in the sandwich maker . Close the lid and let it cook till golden brown.
- Cut into slices and serve hot with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
I have used electric sandwich maker but if you are gas sandwich maker then cook both the sides
For vegetable daliya recipe follow the below link https://www.omgfeeds.com/vegetable-daliya-recipe/