Makhana, also known as Foxnuts, are a very popular snack in India. Many nutritionists, dietitians and medical experts recommend consumption of Makhana on a weight loss diet. Here is Simple Makhana Namkeen Recipe | Diet Namkeen For Weight Loss
Simple Makhana Namkeen Recipe | Diet Namkeen For Weight Loss
- 1-2 tablespoons Ghee (Clarified butter)
- 1 cup Phool makhana (Fox nuts or lotus seeds)
- 2 tablespoons Almonds
- 2 tablespoons Cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons Raisins
- 2 tablespoons Pistachios
- 2 tablespoons Dried coconut slices
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon Amchur powder (dried mango powder)
- ¼ teaspoon Sugar optional
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan on medium heat.
- Once hot add phool makhana. Roast it with stirring constantly till they get roasted and become crispy. And you will notice very light brown color.
- Remove it to a bowl.
- In the same pan, add 1 teaspoon of ghee. Add cashews pistachio, raisins and almonds. Roast them with stirring constantly till they get light brown color and toasted.
- Add to the same bowl with makhana.
- Also roast the coconut slices in the same pan without any ghee for few minutes. Add it to the same bowl.
- Mix well.
- Now while everything still warm. Add salt, pepper, sugar and amchur powder.
- Stir well, so everything is coated well to the makhana and nuts.
- Let it cool down completely