Hi my lovely friends, today I will share with you a crunchy and interesting snack Sabudana Vada with fasting chutney along with a lot of tips and tricks . So let’s get started
Sabudana vada with fasting chutney
- 1 cup sabu dana
- 1 cup water
- 3 boiled potatoes
- Salt to taste
- A small pieces of grated ginger
- 1 chopped green chillies
- 1 teaspoon jeera
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ tsp powdered sugar.
- Oil for frying
- Wash it nicely atleast 2-3 times
- Soak the sabudana in 2 cup of water. Do not use excess water else sabudana will turn sticky later
- Let it soak for 4-5 hrs You can keep it for entire night as well for soaking. Its size will increase after soaking and will soaked all the water. In case you have excess water, at this stage You can strain it aside for with the strainer.
- Dry roast Little peanuts. Put them in a food processor and make a fine powder
- Take boiled potatoes and peel them.
- Grate the potato. Texture is even with grating. It turns out crispy while frying as well
- Now mix potatoes, peanut powder and sabudana well
- Add Salt to taste , ginger, green chillies, jeera, Fresh coriander, lemon juice and sugar. It gives a nice flavour and will balance the vsda nicely
- Mix it well with your hands It has to be dough like consistency
- Mixture is now ready
- Take oil in your hand Make small round org the mixture and then press it to fatten it. Now make a small hole in the center with the help of a finger. There should be no cracks in between Do it in the same way for all the vada.
- Keep the vadas aside for 5 mins. Extra water will be evaporated. It will become more crunchy while frying
- Heat the oil and fry the vada till golden brown.
- Serve with the chutney mentioned below.
Let’s quickly make a quick fasting chutney
Little roasted peanuts in a blender, 1 small piece ginger 3-4 green chillies Fresh coriander 2-3 table spoon curds Will become creamy Little salt Mix well in a blender Quick peanut chutney is ready .
You can use it as a dip with any snacks. It can be stored in fridge for 1 week You can add little sugar as well Or coconut as well Keep it aside