Rajasthani Panchmel Dal Recipe/ Panchratan Dal Recipe is here to add Rajasthani touch to your cuisine. As I am vegetarian so I am dependent on dal for proteins.
In hindi Panchratan means five jewels. Like King Akbar was having five ratan in his palace we use five dals to make this delicious dal. You can relish it either with chappati or rice as per your taste.
Rajasthani Panchmel Dal Recipe/ Panchratan Dal Recipe
- 2 tbsp moong dal split
- 2 tbsp masoor dal
- 2 tbsp toor dal
- 2 tbsp chana dal
- 2 tbsp black urad dal split
- 2 big tomatoes
- 2 inches of ginger finely chopped
- 1 green chilli
- 3 tbsp desi ghee
- 1 tej patta
- 1 inch of cinnamon stick
- Pinch of hing
- 1 tsp jeera
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp gram masala
- ½ tsp haldi powder
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Soak the dal for 2 hours
- Put the dal in pressure cooker along with salt and haldi
- Pressure cook dal on low flame for 2 whistles
- Finely chop ginger, tomatoes and green Chilli.
- Now take a pan and put desi ghee in it. Heat it .
- add hing, tej patta and cinnamon stick. Cook for ½ minutes
- Add jeera and when it splits add chopped ginger and roast till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and green Chilli . Stir it
- Now add coriander powder, gram masala and kashmiri red chilli powder. Stir it and keep cooking till tomatoes leave ghee on its side
- Add cooked dal and give it 4-5 boils
- Garnish it with coriander and serve with either chappati or rice.