Nankhatai is Indian cookies which is relishes by even kids. It melts in the mouth. It accompanied with tea every time .Here is the Nankhatai recipe / Indian eggless cookies recipe without oven
Cookies are made of maida and desi ghee. You can use whole wheat in place of maida if you want. But maida gives it better taste and texture. Ghee tastes best in it but second best option is butter. If possible try use fresh homemade desi ghee.
Nankhatai recipe / Indian eggless cookies recipe without oven
- Maida – 50gm
- Castor sugar – 35 gm
- Ghee / butter – 35gm
- Curd- 1 tsp
- Baking powder- ⅛ tsp
- Cardamom powder – ⅛ tsp
- Alomds and pistachios for garnish
- Take a bowl put butter and sugar . Whisk it well till it is light stuffy.
- Now add baking powder , curd and sifted maida.
- Mix well and add cardamom powder and make a dough.
- Make a small rounds of equal size
- Make a cross with knife on tip and top in with chopped almonds and pistachios
- Bake them at 180 degrees for 20 -25 minutes or till golden brown. You can also bake in cooker . Preheat the cooker and put a rim in the bottom. Place the Nankhatai in a plate or vessel which can fix in the cooker . Place it in the cooker and bake it on low flame for about 15 -20 minutes.
Also try dal makhani recipe restaurants style in the below link. https://www.omgfeeds.com/dal-makhani-recipe-restaurants-style/