My kids really want some twist and turn in their routine food. Maggie is my kids favorite. So I decided to make something different from routine recipe. Today I will share my Maggie Khao Suey recipe.
Khow Suey is a Burmese (from Burma) noodle dish with a delicately spiced coconut milk sauce and is served up with a variety of different toppings that takes this dish to the next level and give it a burst of amazing flavors.
Ingredients of Maggie Khao Suey recipe
- 1 cake maggie
- 1 maggie masala
- 1/2 chopped onion
- Small piece of ginger(chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 fresh green chillies
- 2 dry red chillies
- Salt as per taste
- 1 finely chopped carrots
- 6-7 florets finely chopped cauliflower
- 10 finely chopped french beans
- 1 tsp soya sauce
For topping :
- 20 roasted peanuts
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- ½ cup chopped spring onions
- Little bit chilli flakes
- Fried onion
- Fried garlic
Method of Maggie Khao Suey recipe
- Take a mixer grinder, add 1/2 chopped onion , Small piece of ginger(chopped) and 4 garlic cloves and make a fine paste
- Heat up the pan, pour 1 tsp oil and put 2 fresh green chillies, dry red chillies and prepared paste and mix it well
- when paste colour changes to golden add the taste maker in it.
- Add salt as per taste (Add turmeric/chilli powder is optional)
- Add some finely chopped carrots, cauliflower, french beans and mix it.(Tofu can be also used)
- Add 1 tsp soya sauce
- Add thinner mixture of coconut milk(diluted with water)
- Mix it well, and cover the lid for cooking
- Now add thicker coconut mixture of coconut milk and mix it.
- Cook it for 2 mins on slow flame and turn off the stove
- To cook noodles heat up another pan or steamer and pour some water in it to boil.
- Once water starts boiling add noodles in it
- Check after sometime if noodles are cooked and spread the noodles to avoid making it sticky.(do not overcook)
- Turn off the stove, take the noodles in a food strainer and wash it with water.
- Put 2-3 drops of oil and spread it over noodles.
- Now take a serving bowl, add cooked noodles in it
- Pour some gravy on it
- Now its the time for topping Add some finely chopped spring onions, chilli flakes, fried garlic, roasted peanuts, fried onion and finely chopped coriander
- Sprinkle some lime juice over it
- Place a piece of lime on side
- Not so authentic but Lip Smacking Khao Suey is ready, serve it hot to taste more delicious.