If you air-dry them according to your hair, then it does not harm them. Know how to air-dry hair according to your hair type
Just washing the hair properly is not enough. It is important that you also air-dry it properly. Some people use a hair dryer after washing their hair, but the risk of hair damage is high due to heat. In such a situation, the best solution is to let the hair dry naturally in the air. It may take you a while, but you can do so much for your hair.
However, do you know that the method of air drying hair is also different. Since every woman’s hair type is different, it is important that you first pay attention to your hair type and air-dry them accordingly. There is a different way to air-dry hair. For example, avoid using regular bath towels to dry your hair. They can be harsh on your hair and cause frizz and breakage. Instead, choose a microfiber towel. It is gentle on your hair and absorbs the water present in the hair, which makes your hair dry quickly. So today in this article we are telling you about easy ways to air-dry hair according to their type-
Know how to air-dry hair according to your hair type
Straight or fine hair
It is generally seen that women with straight hair do not use hair products thinking that their hair will become even more fine or thin. However, you should apply a lightweight hair product to your hair in a moderate way.
- For this, you first wash the hair using a volumizing shampoo and conditioner. It adds volume to your hair instantly.
- After this, instead of rubbing your hair, pat dry to avoid friction. Allow them to dry slightly and then lightly detangle the hair with a wide-toothed comb.
- Now apply a light mousse or smoothing cream. Work it through the medium length of your hair to the ends. If you have very fine hair, you can use a texturizing spray instead.
- Now style your hair lightly the way you want it to air dry. Once styled, do not touch your hair until it is completely dry. Doing this can make your hair mildly frizzy.
If your hair is wavy and you are that medium thick, then you need to focus on hydration while you air-dry it. You should not use a regular thick towel to dry your hair.
- First, wash your hair using a hydrating shampoo and conditioner. It will also help to soften the hair and keep frizz away.
- Now apply leave-in conditioner on wet hair and spread it evenly in the hair with the help of wide tooth comb.
- Now apply lightweight dry oil to the ends of your hair.
- You can also use a hair product like pomade or a mild gel, and scrunch your hair lightly to keep the wavey look.
- If your hair is still wet, use a microfiber towel or cotton T-shirt to blot the hair.
If you have thick curly hair, then you need to use some hair products even during the shower. Also, keep in mind how much quantity you are using them. Using them too much can also lead to weight loss.
- For this, first you always use a hydrating shampoo and conditioner . Sulfate-free shampoo is a great option.
- Now apply curl cream on wet hair for loose curls. Apply it well on your hair and squeeze out the water. Whereas for tight curls, take your hair and twist it in the direction of the natural curl. Repeat this to give it a more defined look.
- Always use a microfiber towel to remove any excess water after showering.
- Alternatively, if you need to brush your hair, use a wide-toothed brush or a wet hairbrush. For airy curls, brush hair at a 90-degree angle to the scalp.
If you liked this article, then do share it and stay connected to read other similar articles on your own website with omgfeeds.
Your skin and body are different just like you. It is our endeavor to bring you accurate, safe and expertly verified information through our articles and social media handles but still consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip.