Khandvi Recipe: How to Make Khandvi | Easy Khandvi Recipe is here for all who really love my recipes. I know it is difficult to make it but my recipe is very easy and simple.
Khandvi is made with a mixture of besan and curd . We make a thin solutions of curd and water which is commonly known as buttermilk. Then make a smooth batter of besan and buttermilk. We have to cook this batter very carefully as this is the most tricky and important part. If it is cooked properly and prefectly major work is done.
while making khandvi we should keep in mind that consistency should we prefect other wise thin layer will not be achieved. If you will cook it more and consistency is thick you will face difficulty in spreading it and thick layer will be achieved.
Another most important point to keep in mind is that you should be very quick while spreading. If the batter cools down lumps will be formed and you will not be able to spread it.
I have gone through many recipes of Khandvi. The one which I liked was not able to make as the measurement were given in weights. I am a person who doesn’t measure before cooking . As Indian have habit of cooking with andaaza . But I was not able to make Khandvi with andaaza. All attempts were complete disaster. So keep accurate measurements while making it.
Khandvi Recipe: How to Make Khandvi | Easy Khandvi Recipe
- 3/4th cup Besan (Chickpeas flour)
- 1/2 tsp Haldi Powder (Turmeric powder)
- A pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
- 1 cup Khatta Dahin (Sour curd)
- 1.5 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp rai ke daane (Mustard Seeds)
- A pinch of asafoetida (Hing Powder)
- Green chillies sliced
- Green curry leaves
- Fresh coconut
- Coriander leaves
- Take 3/4th cup besan and add 1/2 tsp Haldi Powder (Turmeric powder), A pinch of Hing (Asafoetida) and 1 cup sour curd. Mix it well.
- Add 1.5 cup water gradually and Mix it well and add salt per taste
- Heat up pan at medium flame and pour batter into the pan.
- Keep stirring otherwise it will stick to bottom or lumps will be formed.
- Keep cooking & stirring for 10 minutes till batter gets thickened.
- How to check batter is ready ? Apply batter on a greased bottom of a steel bowl / dish. Leave for some time. If doesn’t roll, then cook and stir for 2-3 minutes more
- Test again
- Batter is ready
- We are ready to roll Khandvi
- Take a steel dish apply oil on both sides
- Spread thick batter with spatula and hands
- Make cuts with knife on the spread batter
- And roll Khandvi
- The dish should look clean once you roll it.
For tempering (tadka)
- In a pan, take 1 tbsp oil
- Add 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Add a pinch of asafoetida
- As you hear crackling sound, add few green chillis sliced
- Add green curry leaves
- Toss the tempering & drizzle on Khandvi
- Sprinkle fresh coconut & coriander leaves
- Enjoy Khandvi
Khandvi is rich in
- Folic acid – It is the essential mineral which is necessary for women especially pregnant
- Calcium- It is necessary for teeth and bones
- Phosphorus – It is necessary for teeth and bones
- Vitamin B
- Roughage. It is necessary for the bowel movements in our body.
Servings Per Recipe: 4Serving Size: 1 servingAmount Per Serving
|Total Fat||5.2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3.1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14.7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.9 g|
|Vitamin A||0.0 %|
|Vitamin B-12||0.0 %|
|Vitamin B-6||0.3 %|
|Vitamin C||1.1 %|
|Vitamin D||0.0 %|
|Vitamin E||9.2 %|
|Pantothenic Acid||0.0 %|