High on protein and no big preparation needed to make this Dal Toast. You all have enjoyed bread Pakora made out of besan. Lets give bread Pakora a twist and make this Jain Special Moong Dal Toast Recipe | Bread Pakoda
Enjoy this unique recipe any time of the day and even can carry in tiffin. It is a best and healthiest breakfast and tea time snack.
Jain Special Moong Dal Toast Recipe | Bread Pakoda
- 1 cup yellow lentils (moong dal)
- 1 chopped green chillies (as per taste)
- A pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- Some freshly chopped coriander
- 1/2 tsp fruit salt (Eno)
- Bread slices
- Oil (for frying)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- Soak the moong dal in water for 2-3 hours
- Take a grinder put the soaked dal , required water and chopped green chillies (as per taste), churn it in mixie and make a smooth batter (as dosa consistency)
- Take out the batter in a bowl
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi), jeera, garam masala , coriander powder and salt as per taste
- Put some finely chopped coriander in it.
- Add 1/2 tsp fruit salt (Eno – to make batter fluffy) (You can store this batter without adding Eno in it)
- Further take a bread slice, apply a thick layer of batter on it.
- Heat up the non stick pan, pour 1/2 tsp oil in it.
- Place bread in the pan keeping batter side down
- Cook it on slow to medium flame for 7-8 mins (to cook dal)
- Apply some oil over the bread
- Flip the toast once it turns golden-brown from the side of batter and to make bread crispy cook it until the bread side turns golden-brown.
- Make more toasts with the same procedure
- Nutritious Moong Dal Toast & Coriander Chutney and imli chutney is ready to serve