Today we are making a savory snack with Indian Yam & Sweet Potatoes Chaat. It is tangy and spicy snack. It is a taste changer..
Indian Yam & Sweet Potatoes Chaat
- 3 Indian yam
- 2 potatoes
- 2 sweet potato
- ¼ tsp black salt
- ¼ tsp roasted ajwain
- ½ tsp roasted jeera powder
- 5 tbsp imli chutney
- 2 tbsp mint chutney
- Salt to taste
- 1 lemon
- Boil the sweet potatoes, potatoes & Indian yam separately . You can adjust the quantity of each as per your preference.
- Boil them in a pressure cooker and put off the heat . Sweet potatoes will boil in one whistle, potatoes in 3-4 whistles and indian yam in 3-4 whistle. You can boil for some more time if not cooked properly.
- Cool them after they are removed from pressure cooker.
- then peel off the skins and chop into pieces
- so here we have all the 3 of them peeled and chopped
- transfer all of these to a large bowl. add the black salt , Roasted ajwain , roasted jeera powder, the tamarind chutney & the mint chutney and mix well
- the mint chutney has been ground with 1 green chilli as well. you can avoid it if you want the chutney to be less spicy
- you can also vary the chutney ratio depending on how sweet or spicy you wish the snack to be
- now mix thoroughly
- now squeeze juice of 1 lemon over this for a tangy flavor. You can avoid it if you wish but the lemon certainly makes it more tasty
- mix well once more
- you can add chaat masala too if you wish
- check salt level & add if needed
- this is our dish of the day – potatoes, yam & sweet potatoes chaat
- do try it & give your feedback.