Wherever Gujaratis go, whether rich or poor, whether family or couples, whether train, road or by air- Thepla always accompanies along. Enjoy this most popular Gujarati dish which is eaten from lunch to dinner and breakfast to snacks. 😀 let’s learn How To Make Tasty Gujarati Thepla
How To Make Tasty Gujarati Thepla
Ingredients of Gujarati Thepla
- 1.5 cup wheat flour + more flour (to roll thepla)
- 1 tsp ajwain (crush with hands)
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing) powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbs oil + more oil (to roast thepla)
- 2 tbs curd
- Water (to kneed dough)
Method to make Gujarati Thepla
- Take a mixing bowl, add 1.5 cup wheat flour in it
- Add 1 tsp ajwain (crush with hands), a pinch of asafoetida (hing) powder , 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi) , 1 tsp red chilli powder, salt as per taste, 1 tbs oil, 2 tbs curd and some water.
- Knead well and make a soft dough (Apply some oil on dough to avoid getting it dry)
- Further roll out few balls from the prepared dough.
- Take a rolling board, apply a drop of oil on it
- Apply some dry flour on the ball and flatten it with the help of rolling pin.
- (Keep rolling by moving it from all sides)
- Now heat up the pan, place thepla on it and cook it on medium flame.
- Dry roast thepla from both the sides and then pour some oil on it it
- Cook both the sides until it turns golden-brown
- (Make more theplas following the same procedure)
- And then your World Famous, Delicious Gujarati Thepla is ready!!!
- Serve it with curd, fried green chillies or aloo sabji to taste it yummm…