Everything can not be replaced with Tomato ketchup. There are certain things that are relished with imli ki chutney only like Bhel, Chat, Samosa, kachori etc. How To Make Multi Purpose Imli Chutney At Home is here for you.
How To Make Multi Purpose Imli Chutney At Home
- 1/2 tsp Jeera (cumin seeds)
- 150 gm Tamarind Pulp (Tamarind/Imly soaked in hot water for 5-10 minutes; will make imly mushy and you can crush it with hands to make pulp, strain it and you will have Imli pulp ready)
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 150 gm jaggery (gud)
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted jeera powder
- 1/4 tsp dry ginger powder
- Take a pan and pour tamarind (imly) pulp into the pan
- Let it cook on the small flame
- Add some salt , black salt, dry ginger powder and 1.5 tsp red chilli powder
- Add 150 gm jaggery
- Start mixing as jaggery melts
- Cook till jaggery is completely mel by covering the lid on the pan
- Then you can stop as the chutney will get thick as it gets cold
- Add roasted jeera powder. Mix it well
- Chutney is ready, immediately take it out in a bowl or vessel, while it’s thin.
- Enjoy Imly ki chutney with chat, samosa or kachori.