Many elders believe that if you would like to possess a fast and healthy meal, there’s nothing like khichdi! they’re very right. Khichdi is so healthy even the leftover shouldn’t be wasted. So, creating parathas using khichdi combined with whole flour and besan a best way to use it. It is a great breakfast option. They’re filling and nourishing, and attractive too because of an assortment of flavourful additions to the dough. With a cup of low-fat curds, these parathas make an entire meal. So let learn How To Make Missi Roti With Leftover Khichdi/ Dal
How To Make Missi Roti With Leftover Khichdi/ Dal
- 1 cup leftover khichdi / dal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1/2 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1 tbsp suji
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp corianderpowder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tbsp dry kasoori methi
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 green chillies finely chopped
- salt to taste
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- oil for cooking
- Mix all the ingredients and make a fine dough of it. You can use water if needed. Otherwise you can apply oil in your hand to make a dough.
- Divide the dough in 10 equal parts and roll out the circle of it using plain flour
- Roll out a circle using rolling pin and rolling plate.
- Apply oil on it and fold it to make a semi circle. Make a cone of a semi circle and flatten it.
- Roll out again with a help of plain flour.
- Heat a tava and cook the paratha by Appling oil on both the sides till golden brown.
- Serve hot with pickle and curd