Answer to the question How To Enjoy Alone Without Feeling Lonely is answered in this article.
I started experiencing monotony and excessive boredom in January of this year, while on a writing spree for my blog. All I wanted to do at the time was run away from home and do something completely different than what I had been doing. I didn’t want to be away from my family because I didn’t love them, but I just needed to get away from them for a time. I scheduled a trip with a group of strangers on the spur of the moment, without giving it a second thought. As the trip approached, I began to worry that I would be lonely because it would be my first time travelling without friends or family.
Surprisingly, the journey that I expected to be lonely turned out to be the most gratifying experience of my life, as well as the source of some of my closest friends. This solitary vacation taught me a lot about myself and taught me that being alone doesn’t have to mean being lonely.
Loneliness is merely a psychological state. Even though you are surrounded by hundreds of people, you might feel lonely, and you can avoid loneliness even if you are alone. It all depends on how you perceive yourself and how well you understand yourself. You may either inspire others to eat alone in cafes without needing company, or you can allow them to label you as “losers” or “loners” for not being good enough to make friends. But let me tell you something: the person who can face their own fear has the actual capacity to dominate the world.
So, if you’re lonely and don’t think you’re attractive enough to attract potential mates, let me assure you that it’s not your appearance, lifestyle, or conduct that has to change. The answer to your loneliness is as simple as a desire to change the thinking that is causing you to feel lonely.
How To Enjoy Alone Without Feeling Lonely
If you’ve been feeling lonely lately, here are a few suggestions to help you enjoy being alone:
- Love Yourself: Simply put, if you are afraid of being alone, there is no one on the planet who can be your ideal companion. Self-love is something that can help you recognise that you are a beautiful person on the inside and out, and that you are deserving of love. Every minute you spend on yourself will make you proud of yourself for not wasting time looking for someone other than yourself to fill the vacuum in your life. Pamper your body, smile more often, and work on improving yourself to feel joyful even when you’re alone.
- Get to know yourself: Have you ever noticed how, as you get to know someone, you begin to like or dislike them? Consider how wonderful a partner you may be to yourself once you learn facts about yourself that you didn’t know before. To fall in love with your own company and be your best friend, it’s critical to know yourself.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle: There’s something about living a healthy lifestyle that makes you feel good about yourself. When you wake up early, eat well, and exercise regularly, a sense of fulfilment washes over you, allowing you to realise that you are your own perfect company. A happy body and mind are inextricably linked, which is why it’s critical to learn to look after yourself by leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Discover what you enjoy: People have a propensity to put their own interests aside in order to spend time with others because they are afraid of being alone. When you’ve broken up with your partner or are separated from your family, you’re likely to feel lonely. But this is precisely when you should seize the opportunity to reconnect with your hobbies and learn new things about yourself. Find out what makes you truly happy and grow it in order to make your life worthwhile. While living away from my family, I discovered my love for reading and writing, which is how I was able to establish this blog that you are currently reading.
- Go on a solo trip: Solo trips are a great way to remind yourself that you have the world at your fingertips and that you don’t need anyone else to explore it. It gives you a sense of self-sufficiency and assists you in discovering a world that will undoubtedly surprise you. When you travel and meet new people, you will not only learn a lot about what is out there in the world, but you will also learn how much you can continue to grow as an individual.
- Accept yourself: There’s no one else you’ll need to live your life in the happiest way possible if you stop whining about your life and learn to accept yourself for who you are. People who enjoy being alone and in their own company are the ones that appeal to me the most. Every person I’ve met who enjoys being alone has inspired me to be content in my own company.
- Build your self-esteem: A lack of self-esteem could be one of the main reasons you don’t regard yourself as the ideal companion. You will cease seeking validation from others once you learn to accept your shortcomings. Love your body, your skin tone, your facial features, and anything else that has made you feel insecure in the past. Your defects do not define who you are, and if you learn to love yourself despite your numerous flaws, you will no longer seek out someone to tell you that you are beautiful.
- Create a life worth living: Those who are dissatisfied with their lot in life will seek out company to divert their attention away from it. Make your life worthwhile by organising it around your passions. Sing out loud while listening to your favourite music. You will no longer feel lonely once everything around you begins to make you happy.
It is primarily a question of decision to be lonely. There’s no assurance that having someone to talk to would make you feel less lonely. Even those who have perfectly matched spouses might feel lonely at times, and there are people who are perfectly content to be single. To be content being alone, all you have to do is look for friendship within yourself. To put it another way, you should take yourself out on a date once in a while to get to know yourself better. There’s no one more likeable than someone who enjoys their own company, believe me. You can have everything you want, but you’re only whole when you’re not lonely while being alone.