Everyone now days are suffering from one or the other problem and searching for something herbal. Some need homemade shampoo for grey hair whereas some for homemade shampoo for hair growth and some for oily hair and so on . Today we will make Indian homemade shampoo for dry & damaged hair.
Number of shampoos are available in the market. But whosoever has used these shampoo for their dry hairs initially it has benefited them but in long run their hair got damaged more. All these shampoos are certainly detergent based and in detergent based shampoos they add milk protein & soya protein & some time they add aloe vera and that is all not sure. To attract more customers they also add lots of fragrances to the shampoos. And those fragrances are alcohol based, which damages our hairs. So, any shampoo which contains artificial fragrance Or on shampoo as written that its detergent based. This will only harm you and if you want to prevent from damage, then I will tell you to make your own shampoo at home which is entirely beneficial for your hairs.
First let me tell about the benefits and effects of all the ingredients we are going to use to make shampoo.
- Amla- Amla is very good for hairs, it gives nutrients to the hairs, strengthen the roots. Helps to turn hairs black from grey.
- Shikakai (Acacia concinna) – its an natural conditioner. It will make your hairs soft. It works really well for your damage and dry hairs. It will generate shine back to your hairs.
- Reetha (Soap Nuts)- Its a natural cleanser, what all dust and sweat comes and get dry in your hairs only that all will be cleaned by this reetha,
- Dry coconut- we are making shampoo for dry hairs so the first thing to keep in mind is providing moisturizer to control dryness and frizzy. Now the questions is from where will get the natural moisturizer. Coconut will give natural moisturizer,so will use this coconut.
- Basil leaves – it works really well to condition the hairs
- Mint leaves – it gives coolness to your hairs & scalp, and also nourish them.
Homemade Shampoo for dry & damaged hair / shampoo for hair loss
- 50 gms Reetha
- 100 gms Shikakai
- 100 gms dry amla
- 50 gms of dry coconut
- 20 leaves of mint
- 20 leaves of basil
- Soak 50 gms of Reetha, 100 gm of Shikakai & 100 of Amla overnight in 3 liter of water.
- Grate the coconut.
- Put all the ingredient along with water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook till 2-3 whistles
- Let it cool down
- Strain the mixture with the strainer
- After straining, you can fill it in the bottle & can keep it in the fridge
- 100% natural shampoo for your dry hairs is ready.
I hope you ll surely try this DIY Homemade herbal shampoo and do let me know your experience in the comment box.