DIY: You can also get glowing skin with homemade face packs made from basil, definitely try
It is common to have a Tulsi plant in Indian traditional homes. While Tulsi is used for another worship, it is also rich in various nutrients. Apart from having medicinal properties rich in nutrients, basil also has beauty-enhancing properties. This is the reason that Tulsi is also used to enhance the beauty of the skin along with the hair.
Face packs prepared by mixing some household ingredients in basil leaves help in reducing the problem of acne from the face along with improving the complexion of the face and make the skin glowing. Let us know how face packs are prepared from basil and their benefits.
Benefits of basil for skin
- Basil leaves help in moisturizing the skin .
- Tulsi application on the skin gives an even toned skin.
- Basil has antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Its leaves control the flow of blood in the body.
- It provides glow to the skin by repairing the damaged cells and tissues.
- Face packs made from it help in dealing with many skin problems like wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, acne marks.
- Tulsi enhances the natural glow of the skin and protects the skin from infection.
- It also helps in dealing with blackheads, whiteheads, redness.
Tulsi and neem face pack for acne
Oily skin, acne, pimples are some of the common problems that many of us face and this Tulsi and Neem face pack can be a perfect solution to deal with all those skin related problems. The anti-inflammatory properties of neem prevent acne and blemishes and the associated redness and itching. Also, clove oil gives a youthful glow to the skin by removing dead skin cells and improving blood circulation.
- Basil leaves – 1 cup
- Neem leaves – 1 cup
- Clove oil – 1 tsp
How to make and use
- Wash basil and neem leaves (enhance beauty with neem leaves) and put them in a blender and prepare a paste.
- Add clove oil to the prepared paste and again mix well and prepare the pack.
- Cleanse the face thoroughly and apply the face pack evenly on your face.
- Keep the face pack on for about 30 minutes.
- Use cold water to wash your face after 30 minutes.
- Use this face pack twice a week to get rid of the problem of acne.
Tulsi and oats face pack to improve complexion
If you are looking for a natural way to even out your complexion, this basil and oats face pack can be a great option. Oats have anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants that help in sloughing off dead skin cells and softening them. Helps to clean. Along with this, milk’s lactic acid stimulates new cell growth and is a popular ingredient in many anti-aging cleansers available in the market.
- Oats – 2 tbsp
- Basil leaves – one cup
- Milk – one spoon
How to make and use
- First make a fine powder of oats.
- Wash and grind basil leaves and make a smooth paste.
- Take out the paste in a bowl and add the ground oats to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well and add milk and make a face pack.
- Before applying the face pack , clean the face thoroughly with raw milk .
- Apply face pack evenly on face and neck.
- Keep it on for about 15 minutes and let it dry.
- Use cold water to wash your face.
- Using this face pack twice a week for at least a month improves the complexion.
Tulsi face packs are completely natural and have no side effects, but do a patch test before using them on sensitive skin.