Face washes come in a wide range of formulations, from simple to AHA and BHA-based. The face wash powder is the most traditional of these. It has been used for centuries to wash the face and body. So here is DIY Herbal Face Wash Powder
Powdered Herbal Face Wash
I am a huge fan of face wash powder and recently made a herbal face wash powder after using up all of mine.
My skin looks better and has fewer breakouts when I use powder face wash on a regular basis. Although these cannot replace the foaming face washes we use, they do help cleanse our skin when used regularly.
I created a simple powder that you can make on your own. You can even omit a few ingredients if they aren’t available in your area, and the powder will still leave your face clean.
Before we go any further, here are some things to keep in mind when using herbal face wash powder.
- Before using, please perform a patch test.
- The face wash can be used as a cleanser in the morning or as a face pack.
- It is unable to remove make-up.
- There are no significant exfoliating scrub particles in this product, so do not rub vigorously.
- Due to a few ingredients, it may not be suitable for sensitive skin.
- If you use too much gramme flour, the product will spoil quickly.
DIY Herbal Face Wash Powder
Herbal face wash powder ingredients
- 1 teaspoon gram flour powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of avarampoo powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of vettiver powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of rose petals powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of wild turmeric powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of multani mitti powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of neem powder (optional)
- Take a clean, dry bowl.
- Combine all of the ingredients listed above.
- Combine thoroughly and store in an airtight container.
How should it be used?
- Take the necessary amount of face wash powder.
- Combine with water or any other liquid of your choice.
- Apply a smooth paste to a wet face.
- Apply small circular motions to the face. Do not rub too hard.
- Remove with normal or lukewarm water.
- Apply your moisturiser after that.
Advantages of Ingredients
- Gram flour is used to cleanse and soften the skin.
- Avarampoo – aids in skin clarification.
- Vetiver – has a cooling effect.
- Rose petal powder possesses toning and soothing properties.
- Neem is well-known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- With regular use, wild turmeric reduces acne marks and pigmentation.
- Multani mitti – eliminates excess oil
After reviewing the above DIY, you may notice that a few ingredients are purely optional because they are not suitable for all skin types.
We hope you enjoy making this Herbal Face Wash Powder at home.