When ever we go to a restaurant the first thing we order in main course is dal makhani. Dal makhani recipe restaurant style is here to make your meal complete at your home.
Dal makhani recipe restaurant style
- 1 cup sabut urad dal
- ¼ cup rajma
- 4 tomatoes finely chopped
- 3 onions finely chopped
- 2 inches of ginger finely chopped
- 4-5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1tsp garm masala
- 1 small stick dal Chinni ( cinnamon)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tej patta
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1 lemon
- 2 pinch hing
- Salt to taste
- Take urad dal and rajma in a bowl and wash it nicely
- Now put both of them and salt according to taste in pressure cooker and add 6 cups of water.
- Pressure cook of 1and ½ hour on low flame or 7 – 8 whistle on low flame.
- now check it is properly cooked
- Keep it aside
- Now we will make a puree. Put tomatoes, onions, ginger, garlic and green chilli in a blender and blend to make smooth paste.
- Take a pan and put ghee in it. Heat the ghee.
- Add hing then tej patta ,dal chinni and jeera . Stir it
- Add the prepared puree and stir well
- Now add coriander powder, gram masala and kashmiri red chilli powder. Stir well
- Keep stirring till the puree leaves the ghee.
- Add 2 tbsp of cream in it and stir well.
- Now add puree in the dal cooked in the cooker and cook for 5-10 minutes on low flame.
- Add juice of 1 lemon
- Dal makhani is ready to serve
- Garnish it with 1 tbsp of cream and coriander leaves.
- Serve it with parantha and mango pickle
For mango pickle recipe follow the below link https://www.omgfeeds.com/oilfree-raw-mango-pickle-recipe/