Dahi Bhalle is a sumptuous dish, made with curd and some easily available spices and veggies. Here’s a simple way of preparing this delectable and healthy recipe of Dahi vada recipe |Make easy dahi bhalla recipe | soft dahi balle | dahi bade
Dahi vada recipe |Make easy dahi bhalla recipe | soft dahi balle | dahi bade
INGREDIENTS OF DAHI BHALLE
- 1/2 cup soaked overnight urad dal
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 green chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut
- 1 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 dash sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet tamarind sauce
- 1 tablespoon green chutney
- Little pomegranate seeds
- 1 leaves chopped coriander leaves
- 2 cup refined oil
- 2 pinches salt
HOW TO MAKE DAHI BHALLE
Step 1 Grind The Soaked Dal In A Grinder
Drain the overnight dal and transfer to a grinder. Add asafoetida powder, ginger, green chillies and salt to it and mix well. Grind to a smooth batter and keep aside.
Step 2 Make A Fine Batter Of The Dal
Add a little water if desired during grinding. Mix cashew nuts, raisins, coconut and a pinch salt in a bowl. Add this to the batter and mix well. If you are a spice lover, you can add finely chopped green chillies or else you can use a pinch of red chilli powder to spice up the fluffy bhalle.
Step 3 /Deep Fry The Bhallas And Then Soak Them In Water For 10-20 Minutes
Take a deep frying pan, heat oil over medium flame. Add a spoonful of the batter into the hot oil. Fry until the bhallas become crisp and golden. Take a plate, put some paper towels or tissue papers to drain the excess oil. Then, drop these bhallas in a bowl of hot water for 10 to 20 minutes.
Step 4 Whisk The Yoghurt Till It Is Smooth And Make The Yoghurt Mixture
Meanwhile, whisk the yoghurt, milk and sugar in a bowl. Squeeze excess water from the vadas and transfer them to a bowl. Pour the yoghurt mixture over the vadas. Sprinkle roasted cumin powder, black salt, sweet tamarind chutney and green chutney on top. To make it more eye-grabbing, garnish it with some freshly chopped coriander and green chilies.
Step 5 Add Yoghurt Mixture Over The Soaked Bhallas And Sprinkle The Spices, Serve Chilled
Pour the yoghurt mixture over the vadas. Sprinkle cumin powder, black salt, sweet tamarind chutney and green chutney on top. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve chilled.
- Whenever you are making bhalle, try and use moong dal and urad dal together. This is done so that there is no heaviness in the stomach after eating them. As urad dal can be a litt…
- To make the batter fluffy, make sure you use a hand blender or a whisker. This will make the batter light and will double in size.
- To check if the batter is made, you can check in a little water. Fill a glass with water and add a drop of this dal batter. If it is of the right consistency, the batter will float on water.
- For the right consistency of the batter, do not add much water in it as this will make it thin and pouring it will be difficult.
- If you want the Bhallas of the same size, you can use a scoop to drop the batter in hot oil. And make sure that oil is at right temperature, which means it should be medium hot.