This Asian Coleslaw is a tasty and quick salad that everyone enjoys. It’s simple to create and produces an excellent entrée when you want to impress your visitors. The dressing will have you licking the bowl clean! So here is Crunchy Vegan Asian Coleslaw with Easy Ginger Dressing
HOW HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
I think this salad tastes best the first day it’s made, but you can make the dressing up to three days ahead of time if you want to. Simply combine the dressing with the vegetables about 15 minutes before serving.
Once the dressing and salad veggies have been combined, this salad can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
As the vegetables absorb moisture and the dressing flavour mellows, you may want to alter the seasoning the next time you serve it by adding an extra splash of vinegar, a pinch of salt, or a squeeze of lime juice to brighten things up again.
Crunchy Vegan Asian Coleslaw with Easy Ginger Dressing
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 10min
ASIAN COLESLAW INGREDIENTS
• 2 cups shredded white cabbage
• 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
• 1 cup julienned or shredded carrots
• Small bunch scallions, thinly sliced
• 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup mixed cashews and peanuts, roughly chopped
• Small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
• 1 tsp mixed black and white sesame seeds (optional)
• 1 tbsp peanut butter
• 2 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
• 1/4 tsp ground ginger
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
• 1 tbsp honey
• Juice of 1/2 lime
1 Place the two types of shredded cabbage, the carrots, scallions, sliced bell peppers and nuts in a large serving bowl.
2 In a separate small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
3 Pour half of the dressing over the salad and toss everything together.
4 Sprinkle the salad with cilantro and sesame seeds, then serve with the rest of the dressing.