What is Caffeine? What are benefits of caffeine and how much we should consume? How much caffeine is there in coffee? Is coffee bad for you ? How many cups of coffee per day? These are the certain questions which I will answer in this article.
Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant which has numerous benefits. It occurs in the leaves, seeds, or fruit of more than 60 plant species in natural form. Central Nervous system stimulants rises the levels of certain chemicals in the brain and increases alertness, attention, energy, and physical activity.
Example of Natural sources which contain Caffeine are: Coffee Beans, Tea Leaves, Cocoa Beans and Dola Nuts etc.
Food and Drink Sources of Caffeine.
- Dark chocolates coated with coffee beans,
- Energy Drinks
- Sodas (Pepsi, Coca Cola, Sprite, Dew)
- Black Tea, Green Tea, Gum, Jelly Beans, Sun Flower Seeds
Daily Caffeine Safe Limits
400 mg per day caffeine is safe if taken daily. It is like 4 to 5 cups of coffee
Benefits of Caffeine within Safe Limits (If taken 400 mg per day)
1) Lowering risk of Stroke
2) Lower risk of oral cancer, endometrial cancer.
3) Reduced risk of prostate cancer.
4) Protection against neck and head
5) Lower the risk of developing kidney stones.
6) Caffeine may guard against certain skin cancers.
7) Helping to protect the lens of the eye against damage
8) Helping to protect people from an eye disorder known as blepharospasm.
9) Decrease the risk of Cirrhosis.
10) Caffeine help to slow the rate of disease progression in hepatitis C infection.
11) Caffeine may help boost long-term memory.
12) It may reduce the risk of developing Alzheimerâ€™s disease.
13) It may lower risk of Parkinsonâ€™s disease.
14) Caffeine may help enhance some thinking skills.
15) Caffeine slow the mental decline that comes with age.
16) Improve physical performance.
17) It can increase attention and Alertness.
Side Effects of Caffeine ( If taken More than 400 mg per day)
- High stomach acidity,
- Heart Burn,
- Muscle Tremors
- High blood pressure
- Reduce muscle activity in the fallopian tubes
- Rise in blood sugar level
How much caffeine you should intake
Personal tolerance levels- The consumption of caffeine are different for every person some might feel jolted and jittery from a single cup of coffee while others will feel nothing from drinking three cups it’s no shocker than that caffeine intake should first depend upon your personal tolerance levels
Average caffeine consumption- the average consume 180 milligrams of caffeine per day or about two cups of coffee the maximum limit where there are no associate adverse effects sits at 400 milligrams or a touch more than four cup. Not all coffees have equal amount of caffeine in it.
Pregnant women should consume less- pregnant women should consume less as it increases the chance of miscarriage and leads to abnormal fetal development . 300 milligrams of caffeine per day is usually safe for this population
Not meant for children- caffeine is not meant for children as it hamper their growth. children your mom was rights for not letting you drink coffee until you’re older now the research is a bit shaky here since the research methodologies itself were shaky there have been some consistent data offensive behavioral effects in children associated with high caffeine consumption to take care a generally safe maximum for youngsters is two point five milligrams per kilogram of weight per day but more research is needed to make certain as for a single dose toxicity 15 milligrams of caffeine per kilogram of weight is considered toxic or roughly 1200milligrams for the average 180 pound male legality is rated at 150milligrams per kilogram or 12 grams for the average male there has been however one death case reported after ingesting only six point five grams caffeine