It is very easy to explain the right things to children and inculcate good habits. That is why they are called wet soil. The upbringing they get in childhood, they become like that when they grow up. That is why the upbringing of children is said to be the biggest responsibility of parents. That is why in this article we have come up with essential tips to be a good parent. In this article, we will first explain what is positive parenting. After that, he will give 20 Simple Tips To Be A Good Parent | 20 Positive Parenting Tips
Let us first know about what is positive parenting in the article.
What is Positive Parenting?
Positive parenting refers to raising a child in a different way. This parenting completely focuses on building a deep relationship with the child, communicating with each other in the right way and giving respect. During this, the child is not only explained what he should do, but it is also told why it is necessary for him to do so.
During this time the child is also taught how to develop self control. Instead of teaching discipline by showing fear to the child, parents try to develop self-discipline in them. In positive parenting, rules are discussed openly and then followed. At the same time, instead of imposing their words on the children, parents try to listen to them well and understand their thoughts.
20 Simple Tips To Be A Good Parent | 20 Positive Parenting Tips
There are many ways to be a good parent. In this article, we have come up with tips to be a good parent. These will help in positive parenting and will also be able to give right guidance to the children.
- Avoid getting angry: Often parents take out the anger of their mutual quarrel on their child. In such a situation, sometimes children get punished for things that can easily be ignored. Simply, parents should always keep in mind that while teaching discipline to children, do not take out their personal or office anger on them.
- Avoid luring children: Parents often try to lure children with toys or their favorite food to prevent mischief. In such a situation, instead of behaving properly, children may try to put their demands in front of the parents. They may even threaten to repeat the bully over and over again if they don’t find their favorite thing, so don’t try to lure the kids.
- Do not over react: Parents often scold or shout loudly on children’s mistakes. In such a situation, when the child talks about his cleanliness, then those parents are not able to listen. When parents yell at children, children may also stop listening to them.
As a result many times they start doing more mischief to harass the parents. In such a situation, it is better to avoid over-reacting on any of their mistakes. If more, they can scare them by asking them to stop going to play with small punishments for their mistakes, such as getting their room cleaned by them.
- Behave with love: Children often do not tell their mind to anyone. In such a situation, make the child feel that you can understand their feelings. Also, ask about their food preferences. Sit and feed him, when the child is sad, hug them. In this way, spend your time with the child and make him feel your love.
- Play with them and tell stories: Give your children your time, playing, dancing and telling stories to them. Parental time spent in this way can boost children’s self-confidence. Just make a routine of children during this time. Do activity with them only in that routine time and in the rest of the time motivate them to read and do other work.
- Do exercise and meditation: It is very important for the parents to be positive for positive parenting, because when the parents are under stress, it can have an effect on the child somewhere. In such a situation, it is important that parents do exercise and meditation to overcome or reduce their stress. Involve your child in this as well. This will not only improve the mental health of the parents but also the mental health of the child. Keep in mind that before giving exercise to the child, take expert advice about this and exercise for the first time only under the supervision of an expert.
- Do not compare with other children: Do not compare your children with other children at all. Doing so may create inferiority complex in their mind. The effect of this can make their behavior irritable. In addition, they can also fight. It is better to try to explain to the child that everyone is special in their own right. Everyone has different qualities, so never make the mistake of considering yourself less than others.
- Avoid scolding in front of people: Parents often scold children for their wickedness. In such a situation, for positive parenting, parents need to keep in mind that they do not scold children in front of everyone. Hearing scolding in front of everyone can hurt their self-esteem and make them feel embarrassed. It can also affect their confidence. In such a situation, tell and explain to them about their behavior in solitude.
- Do not impose your dreams: Do not impose your dreams and hopes on children. Everyone has their own ability, some are top in studies, some are ahead in sports. Just try to understand your child, not burden them with any of your expectations. In the future, help him in whatever field he wants to go. Yes, if they make some kind of wrong decision, then explain them and show them the right path.
- Be an example: Children are no less than the shadow of their parents. In such a situation, the way the parents want to see their child going forward, the parents have to be like that themselves first. Parents should always do something in front of the children, so that they themselves become an example for the children. Seeing this, children can be impressed and they can try to follow in the footsteps of the parents.
- Be a friend of the child: In a friendship relationship it is easy for every human being to share all his troubles and worries with his friend. This is the reason why parents should try to be friends of children. For this, parents should spend time with them and understand their point of view and share happiness and sorrow with the children. Try playing their favorite game with them for a while. By doing this the relationship of parents with the children will be strengthened.
- Give gifts: To encourage children, sometimes gifts can also be given to them. By doing this, children will be happy as well as get inspired and try to work in the right direction. As a gift, children can be taken on a picnic somewhere. Apart from this, you can also give them toffee or chocolate. Just keep in mind that the child should not be greedy at all. Sometimes what is needed is just to encourage. Also, keep in mind that the gift should not be too expensive.
- Take a picnic: Parents with children take out some time and plan a trip. If you want, you can also take them for a picnic at a nearby place for a short time. By doing this, the children will not only be happy and due to spending time together, their attachment to the parents will also increase in their mind.
- Make your memories with children: It is very important for parents to create beautiful memories with their children. Be it their first day of school, their result or annual day, be with the child in all these special moments. These moments can also be captured in the camera like beautiful memories with children.
- Teach small responsibilities: It is also necessary for parents to make their children understand their small responsibilities. This may come in handy for them in the future. In this, it is necessary to tell the children about the importance of cleanliness, household chores, money. Apart from this, what things should be taken care of outside, such as telling serious topics like good touch and bad touch in the right way.
- Give Me Time to Yourself: While giving time to children and taking care of them, parents often forget to give time to themselves. It is important for every parent to understand that if they are not able to give themselves love , time and happiness, then they will not be able to share happiness properly with their children . In such a situation, it is necessary that every parent must take time for himself. In this, they can do their favorite work, in which they get pleasure.
- Pay Attention to Interrelationship: The relationship and behavior of parents also affects the children. For this reason, parents should also pay attention to their relationship. Avoid fighting in front of children. Also, don’t use abusive words. Do not shout loudly in front of them. If parents talk to each other with love and respect, it will help the child to learn how to treat others.
- Focus on Consistency: Parents should pay special attention to the company of the child. The effect of the company of other friends in children is visible very quickly. In such a situation, know about how the child’s neighbors are friends. Also, be aware of their school friends.
The slightest carelessness in this can be harmful for the child. Go to the child’s school or accompany them to their play area at least once a week. If you want, once a week invite their friends to play with you or talk to them for evening snacks.
- Set limits: It is good to pamper your child, but make your child feel a limit too. Too much love can also cause the child to deteriorate. In such a situation, a little discipline and a little love, keep a balance between these two. Teach the child about the right routine, the habit of going to bed on time and the right behavior and behavior.
- Do your responsibility at every age: The child needs his parents at every step of life. Whether the child is small or big. The responsibilities of parents towards children never end. In such a situation, keep teaching them right and wrong at every stage of their age.
Keep in mind that teaching does not mean that parents should always follow them. Yes, if they take any wrong decision, then guide them in the right way by explaining them. At the same time, if they take a decision, which is really right for them, then give them full cooperation.
So these were the tips to be a good parent. These can prove to be very beneficial. By adopting the positive parenting mentioned in the article, parents can take a great step towards raising their child in the right way. Doing this can prove to be helpful not only to be a good parent, but also for the future of the children. We hope this article will prove useful to you.